This delightful recipe for 4 ice lollies is fun for kids to follow, only takes 10 minutes preparation time and 4 hours of freezing.
2 ripe bananas
250g natural yoghurt
1 tbsp runny honey
40g dark chocolate
- In a blender or food processor, mix the (peeled) banana, yoghurt & honey until a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture into lolly molds and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours, until it is set.
- Break the dark chocolate into small pieces.
- Microwave or melt the chocolate in a double cooker (ensure you stir halfway through to prevent burning)
- Get the lollies out of the freezer and place in hot water for a few seconds to loosen the lollies from their molds.
- Dip the tip of each lolly into the melted chocolate.
- Place the lollies on a baking tray (or something similar) and place back in the freezer to allow the chocolate to set.
A great recipe the kids can help to make and it is a great recipe to use as a base. Why not experiment with other fruits, making layers in the molds, and maybe flavouring the chocolate with coconut bits.
Enjoy the sunshine!